Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Learning Spanish the Scottish way

I’ve probably started this blog post four different times by now. I usually prefer my posts to be at least a little interesting to read (and interesting to write, for that matter) but somehow I can’t get this one going.

All I want to do is tell you that I’ve started listening to Coffee Break Spanish which is an amazing (and free) podcast teaching you Spanish in 15-20 minute episodes. It’s perfect for commuting, since I can listen to each episode 3-4 times in one day without getting tired of it – which means it’s got a good chance of actually sticking in my mind. And the lessons progress nice and slowly, so you don't feel overwhelmed by all the new words and phrases.

The episodes feature a teacher teaching Spanish to a student, and both of them speak English with a strong Scottish accent. It’s pretty awesome, even if it took me a couple of tries to get used to :) The site offers a bunch of other languages as well but I've only tried the Spanish episodes so far.

Anyway, I had such problems starting this post because I wanted it to be more than just a commercial for a podcast... you know, I wanted to say something meaningful and deep about... something, I don't know. If I knew it, I would have written it already :)

So here you have it: a blog post about a podcast teaching Spanish, disguised as a blog post about the difficulty of writing interesting blog posts. Gotcha!

No comments: